Costs for contesting a Will, Probate and Estate Administration

Contact us to discuss your requirements and to receive your no-obligation quote today.

Cost for making a Will or Enduring Power (Attorney, Guardianship)

After an initial free 45 minute interview, we’ll provide you with a no-obligation quote. Even if you’ve started doing it yourself and then realise you need some advice, come and see us to see if we can help.

The cost for making a Will or Enduring Power includes;

  • GST
  • all administrative costs
  • attendance with you by an experienced solicitor and his/her advice
  • preparation of a draft Will for your approval
  • preparation of the final Will for signing

Joint tenants or Tenants in common?

1. If you hold your property as Joint Tenants, it means that the surviving spouse always inherits. It operates outside a Will and means that neither party can leave ‘their half’ of the house to anyone, as they don’t own half. Because it’s automatic, it makes life much easier for the surviving spouse.

BUT if a man or woman remarries, that second partner has priority over the first one. This could mean that children from the first marriage could receive nothing.

2. If you are Tenants in Common, each partner owns a share of the house, usually in a 50/50 split. This means that either partner can leave their half in Trust for their children. This is the option to consider for a second marriage.

In the case of creation or severance of joint tenancies and/or life interests, a separate quotation for our costs will be provided after an initial consultation.

Complex and testamentary trust Wills

Also known as a Discretionary Trust, this is particularly relevant for those holding assets worth 3M+ AUSD. It means you can set up a Trust fund for your children, enabling Trustees to give out separate discrete amounts of money to the children instead of their receiving it in one lump sum.

For more complex Wills and for testamentary trust Wills, advice and quotations will be provided after an initial consultation with you.


Your Will must be stored in safe keeping.
You must advise your executor(s) where the Will is stored.
You must advise your executor(s) if you change your address